DISCIPLE WHO MAKE DISCIPLES…LEAVING A LEGACY FOR THE NEXT GENERATION
Your district leadership team desires to provide meaningful resources and learning experiences related to disciple making. It is our commitment to walk beside each church leadership team in completing a written plan/process by the end of 2015 as mandated by the General Assembly motion that passed in 2014.
As a district of churches, we desire to see a culture develop in each of our churches that leads to the development of disciples who make disciples.
We uphold this as a legacy we desire to pass on to the next generation of believers in Christ who will outlive us! As we link arms in this commitment, we long to experience the blessing of God in becoming a people… Christ Centered, Spirit Empowered and Mission Focused.
The following Disciple Making Resources are designed to help us on our way in understanding what a mature follower of Jesus looks like, and how a church ministry can align itself with the work of the Spirit in leading people towards faith in Christ and onward to spiritual maturity.
Each church is invited to invite their church coach to come alongside them in the completion of their disciple making plan in 2015. Also we are encouraging churches who have completed their disciple making plan to reach out to their regional sister churches who are still in the process of completing their plan. Lets accomplish this challenge together as a district family of churches!
- The Great Invitation vs. The Great Commission – This article focuses on the need to understand that personal growth in Christ is part of Christ’s plan in preparing us engage in making disciples of others. Separating the invitation from the command turns evangelism into little more than a make work project of people who don’t know Christ.
- Jesus Approach to Disciple Making Article – A classic article by FF Bruce that outlines Jesus’ strategy for making disciples.
- Stages of Spiritual Growth – This tool identifies stages of spiritual growth noting both the characteristics associated with each stage of spiritual development, and how the church can facilitate meaningful ministry in supporting believers along their journey toward spiritual maturity.
- Bringing Church Ministry to Life – This tool presents a case study scenario that stimulates discussion in allowing Church leaders to understand how their current ministries align with their goals of leading people to Christ and then equipping them in discipleship.
- The Pathway to Relational Church Health – This practical tool focuses on a relational pathway for a church to consider how it uses its programming to attract, associate, adopt, apprentice and approve people as Christ followers towards becoming mature in their faith.
- Characteristics of Spiritual Maturity – A helpful summary diagram from Putman that outlines the process of spiritual formation in a believer and the most effective posture of the church throughout a believers growth in Christ. Also see a Biblical Profile of Spiritual Maturity and the Description of a Discipled Person.
- Spiritual Journey Overview – This resource to help people self identify the place they are on in their spiritual journey. Coaching questions are also provided to encourage continued spiritual growth and development.
- Disciple Making Bibliography – the following resource is an expanded bibliography of disciple making resources compiled by the Alliance’s National Disciple Making Team.
- Disciple Making Power Point Presentation – the following power point presentation was prepared for use in our 2015 regional district conferences and is suitable to use in the local church setting. Notes are provided with each slide for teaching purposes.
District Church Disciple Making Plans:
Churches in our district have shared their disciple making pathways and strategies in leading people towards Christ and toward spiritual maturity as disciples. If your church plan is not listed here – we invite you to forward it to your church coach who will have it uploaded. We believe by sharing our plans, we can learn from each other and marvel at the manner in which we can take the same journey in a variety of creativity that expresses the uniqueness of each church family and community context.
- Alberta Beach Discipleship Plan
- Barrhead Alliance Church – Discipleship Plan
- Beaverlodge Youth
- Brooks Alliance – Discipleship Plan
- Cochrane Alliance Church – Discipleship Plan
- Fort Saskatchewan Alliance Church – And Discipleship Pathways
- Gateway Alliance Church – Discipleship Plan
- Grand Centre Alliance Church – Making 3D Disciples of Jesus
- High River Alliance – Directional Plan
- Innisfail Alliance Church – Discipleship Plan
- Lamont Alliance Church – Discipleship Plan
- Leduc Alliance Church – Discipleship Plan
- Linden Alliance Church – Thriving Christian Life
- Mirror Alliance Church – Discipleship Plan
- Morinville Alliance Church – Discipleship Plan
- Muir Lake Community Alliance Church – Ministry Plan
- North Edmonton Alliance Church – Discipleship Plan
- North Point Community Church – Discipleship Plan
- Parkside Alliance – Discipleship Pathway
- Parkview Alliance Church
- Provost Community Church – A Letter Format
- Redwater Alliance Church – A Letter Format
- RockPointe Church – Discipleship Journey (Under construction)
- South Edmonton Alliance Church
- Southview Alliance – (Under construction)
- Spruce Grove Alliance Church – Discipleship Process
- Strathmore Alliance – Discipleship Plan
- Viking Alliance – Discipleship Pathway
- Wimborne Alliance – Discipleship Process
The following are disciple making programs and courses available for church use – you are invited to make us aware of similar programs that have proved helpful in leading people toward spiritual maturity. Please send your suggestions to your Church Coach.
- Alpha Canada – Alpha is an opportunity to explore the meaning of life in a relaxed, friendly setting. Click here to go to the Alpha website. Click here to visit Alpha Tools, a website designed to inform, equip and inspire Alpha leaders, teams and supporters.
- Navigators: 2-7 Program – The 2:7 Series is discipleship training. People in training groups learn and practice skills while they experience spiritual growth. People will learn and practice skills such as quiet time options, ways to meditate on Scripture, how to sharpen and tell their salvation story, and other skill-based topics.
- Growing in Christ Series – A week course for new and growing Christians. Eight life-changing bible studies and memory verses for growing Christians.
- Power to Change Discipleship 101 (for College students) – A resource to help someone become a multiplying disciple of Jesus.
- VantagePointe3 – VantagePoint3 is an organization deeply concerned with fostering depth and igniting faithful service by providing churches a unique approach to discipleship and leadership development. We provide transformative and in-depth processes that help churches invest in the maturing of their adult believers and leaders.
Transformation in Action
- LIFE TRANSFORMATION RESOURCES:
- Pastoral Effectiveness
- Personal Care and Leadership Development
- CHURCH TRANSFORMATION RESOURCES:
- Building Teams/Hiring Policies
- Child Protection
- Church Effectiveness
- Church Multiplication
- Disciple Making
- Pastors’ Wives
- Rural Church Pastors Network
- WCD Women’s Ministries
- WORLD TRANSFORMATION RESOURCES:
- International Workers
- World Links
- Our C&MA Family
- Resources and Global Vault